Author : EnrolmentDesk
Vocational training programs have made a huge difference in the lives of countless young people nationwide. Get to know more about vocational education by reading this insightful article.
Madhuri always dreamt to become a fashion designer, but her father wants to see her as an engineer. But, she never showed any interest to pursue an engineering course. She said the same to her father that her dream was to gain reputation as one of the top notch fashion designers in the world . She revealed her plans that after intermediate, she would like to enrol in a three-year vocational training course on fashion designing. After the bachelors, she wanted to pursue her masters in fashion designing abroad and work for branded companies.
Her father opposed her dream of becoming a fashion designer and forced her to take up the conventional engineering course. Like Madhuri, there are many students who would like to pursue their dream profession, but hesitate to tell their parents because of the fear of opposition.
In society, there is one strong belief that is deeply rooted in the minds of parents that conventional courses such as engineering, medicine, chartered accountancy are the only kind of courses that built a strong career with high salary. But, this is completely a misconception.
There is a list of vocational courses in India that pays really well when compared to traditional courses.
- Commerce-based courses such as office secretaryship, stenography and computer applications, accountancy and auditing, marketing and salesmanship, banking, retail, financial market management, and business administration.
- Engineering-based courses such as electrical technology, automobile technology, civil engineering, air conditioning and refrigeration technology, electronics technology, and IT application.
- Health and paramedical courses such as medical laboratory techniques, ophthalmic techniques, X-ray technician, healthcare sciences, health and beauty studies, medical diagnostics.
- Home science courses such as Fashion Design and clothing construction, textile design, design fundamentals, music technical production, beauty services.
- Agriculture-based courses such as poultry farming, dairy science and technology, horticulture.
- Hospitality and tourism courses such as food production, food and beverage services, mass media studies and media production, bakery and confectionary, front office,travel and tourism.