– Get to know how to improve your website’s SEO in 5 steps: Search Engine Optimization (SEO ) - is the process of increasing your website's visibility and likeliness to be found in search engines. At a fundamental level, an SEO-friendly site is one that allows a search engine to explore and read pages across the site. This is important because it helps search engines like Google better identify what your website is about and allows it to show your content to the right people. Your website is the center of your digital marketing world — the place that all digital rivers run toward. And of course, the largest of its traffic sources is generally organic search.
1. Choose the right domain name A domain is essentially a web address. It's what people type into their browser's address bar to go to a website. The ideal domain will include your business name and perhaps a relevant keyword or two that are relevant to your business. It is also important to make sure all your pages’ URLs are clean and beautiful. This means no special characters, no hashbangs, no page ID. Having relevant and descriptive page URLs is important because it tells people what your page is about. Plus, keywords in your page URLs give search engines and idea of what your page content is about.
2. Add Meta titles and Meta Descriptions for each page The title tag on pages of your website tells search engines what the page is about. It should be 70 characters or less and include your business or brand name and keywords that relate to that specific page only. The meta description on pages of your website gives search engines a little more insight into what your page is about. There is still debate about whether meta descriptions can help with keyword rankings. Regardless, you want to write your meta description with a human audience in mind that includes the page’s main keywords, as the meta description does show up in search results.
3. Add Image Name & ALT text to all your images If you use images on your website, you should think of good keywords for both the image name and the alt tag. This helps search engines find good images for their image search based on the keywords specified.
4. Content - Picking the right keywords Content has always been the focal point of SEO. Most SEO strategies involve helping search engines categorize your content and making your content more relevant. Remember, the goal with SEO is not about getting random people to go to your site -- it's about getting people who are looking for what you have to offer to go to your site instead of someone else's. So, the key is to focus on maybe one or two keywords first, and then target more keywords once you have more content and web pages on your website.
5. Mobile Version As the number of searches from mobile devices grow, Google is putting more and more emphasis on mobile-friendly websites. This means that when someone does a mobile search, Google's search results will rank sites that are mobile-friendly higher than those that aren't. Work hard on optimizing the user experience for mobile users and you will reap the rewards for your efforts in terms of traffic and user engagement