Author: Guest _ Testbook
The biggest challenge faced by fresh graduates is to choose a career path, a career option that will make them feel proud and satisfied with their choice of job role in the future. Deciding skillfully on a successful career path paves a way for employing future endeavors in the right direction. Lack of guidance, most of the times, throws that option out of the window. At times, you don’t know what you wish to opt for, other times you don’t have the clear picture of the process to be followed. There are many websites that provide information about online exams along with online courses on various subjects. Any exam requires a lot of practice, the Mock Tests and the Free Tests provided by such sites can help you out to crack the exams in the first go, provided you work hard for the same.
In case you are inclined towards having a government job and pursuing a career in the same, this article will help you scan through few of the much desired options. To help you in figuring out an apt solution for the dilemma of choosing a career path of your liking, we have jot down few career prospects that you can look into, after completing graduation.
Government Jobs provide a plethora of options when it comes to Graduate candidates. Here are few of the domains that provide lucrative job opportunities:
· Banking Sector
· Indian Railways
· Staff Selection Commission (SSC)
· Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)
Let’s discuss about the details to get a fair idea about what these sectors are related to and what kind of job opportunities are provided by each one of them.
1. Banking Sector With the upcoming swarm of opportunities according to the recent developments (1 lakh job recruitments to be done by PSBs in current Fiscal Year, 2018-2019), Banking Sector has become a highly desirable career path, considering the increased probability of getting selected for the bank exams. You can enroll yourself in a number of upcoming Bank Exams including Bank of Baroda Recruitment, Lakshmi Vilas Bank Recruitment and more. These jobs provide internal exams at different levels within the banks which provide you with an opportunity to grow within the system.
2. Insurance Sector Insurance Sector comes up as another promising career option for graduates who are looking for stability and job satisfaction. Recruitment Notifications are released by several Insurance companies including Life Insurance Corporation (LIC), New India Assurance Co. Ltd. (NIACL), Oriental Insurance Company Ltd. (OICL) and Employee's State Insurance Corporation (ESIC). They provide a range of options for you to choose your favorite job opportunity and create your career in the same.
3. Railways Railways have always been deemed to be highly respectful jobs. The recruitment notification for Railways Exams are released by Railways Recruitment Board (RRB) each year. If you wish to explore the opportunities provided by Railways, you can look forward to applying for Railway Exams including Railway Protection Force (RPF), RRB ALP, RRB ASN, RRC Group D and more.
4. Staff Selection Commission (SSC) Another lucrative career option is the various job recruitments provided by SSC almost every year. Staff Selection Commission is an organization that works under the Government of India to recruit staff for various posts in different Ministries and Departments of the Government of India and in the Subordinate Offices. You can aim for exams like Common Entrance Test (CET), Gramin Dak Sevak, IB Security Assistant, SSC CGL. SSC GD Constable to be a part of this prestigious sector. The job comes with responsibility along with respect which is a really desirable combination by Indian youth.
5. Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) This Civil Services Examination is a competitive exam in India conducted by the Union Public Service Commission for the recruitment to various Civil Services of the Government of India, including the Indian Administrative Service (IAS), Indian Foreign Service (IFS) and Indian Police Service (IPS) among others. These are one of the esteemed jobs that are looked upon by graduates. A lot of respect and responsibilities are involved with this job role. It comes with its own challenges, but the job posts are highly respected throughout nation and abroad.
General Tips to Follow: · Sort out your priorities and finalize your selection of a career path. · Design your study schedule and preparation strategy for the concerned exam. · A lot of preparation material is provided in form of online courses by various websites. You can search for the courses that give you the best explanation. Prefer the courses that provide you updated content and you could easily grasp their way of teaching. · There are a lot of Mock Test and Free Quizzes available for various exams on online websites. Try practicing as much as you can, as the online preparation material provides a lot of questions of different patterns which will help you in understanding the concepts. · Model Question Papers always provide a better understanding of the paper pattern and you get to know the strong topics that you need to work on so as to clear the expected cut-offs. · A few institutes also provide real time Exam Experience in Offline Exam Centers where you can book a Free Test and attempt the paper in actual exam environment. This approach provides you a crystal clear understanding of the real time exam feel and boosts your confidence to face the exam.
Conclusion: There are a lot of options when it comes to selecting a career path. Rather than joining the sheep walk, you should decide for yourself what you wish to do and where you see yourself in the coming 5 years before selecting a career path.